Resources for Learning:
- Chrome Extensions for Struggling Students & Special Needs
- Learning Abled Kids
- Bridges 4 Kids
- US Dept. of Ed. Office of Special Education Programs
- Council for Exceptional Children
- MECHS SST Overview
- MECHS Child Find
- MECHS Document Destruction Guidelines
- Manifestation Determination Guidelines
GA Department of Education:
- GA DOE Child Find
- GA DOE Special Education
- GA DOE Special Needs Scholarship
- GA DOE Parent Rights
- GA DOE 504 Rights
- GA DOE 504 Procedural Safeguards
MECHS STAFF SECTION (MY MEC LOGIN REQUIRED):
"Moving Mountains for Our Students with Special Needs"
The Mountain Education Charter High School's Special Education Department is dedicated to meeting the needs of our students with disabilities. All students with disabilities have the right to a free and appropriate education (FAPE) in the least restrictive environment (LRE).
The MECHS employs certified, experienced Special Education teachers who share the mission of our school.
If a disability is suspected, please contact the local MECHS Site Administrator or the System Special Education Director.
Sandy Walden, Special Education Director
The IDEA Parent Survey will be open from January 15, 2020 – May 31, 2020. The IDEA Parent Survey helps the state to determine parents’ perception of the success of parent engagement between the local school and themselves. The information is gathered as a component of the State Performance Plan, Indicator 8: Percent of parents with a student receiving special education services who report that schools facilitated parent involvement as a means of improving results for children with disabilities. The data collected is reported in the Annual Performance Report and on the system profile about each system. Each state is required to conduct a parent survey collection process to measure parent/family needs and perceptions.
Georgia’s parent survey is available to all families of students with disabilities. The survey will be administered through an online link and can be found on the websites listed below.
Direct link to the parent survey: www.gadoe.org/Parent-Survey
Websites: GaDOE http://www.gadoe.org/ci_
Ga Parent Mentor Partnership www.parentmentors.org or
Parent to Parent of Georgia www.p2pga.org
- Problems with the online survey: Submit a email@example.com or call 800-869-1011.
- Questions about the Parent Survey: Contact Anne Ladd at firstname.lastname@example.org or Sharon Jones at email@example.com.
- Families want to answer the survey by phone: Contact the Special Education Help Desk at 404-657-9968.
- Questions about Parent Survey Dashboard data: Contact Linda Castellanos at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click the link below to start the survey!