Resources for Learning:
- Chrome Extensions for Struggling Students & Special Needs
- Learning Abled Kids
- Bridges 4 Kids
- US Dept. of Ed. Office of Special Education Programs
- Council for Exceptional Children
- MECHS SST Overview
- MECHS Child Find
- MECHS Document Destruction Guidelines
- Manifestation Determination Guidelines
GA Department of Education:
- GA DOE Child Find
- GA DOE Special Education
- GA DOE Special Needs Scholarship
- GA DOE Parent Rights
- GA DOE 504 Rights
- GA DOE 504 Procedural Safeguards
"Moving Mountains for Our Students with Special Needs"
The Mountain Education Charter High School's Special Education Department is dedicated to meeting the needs of our students with disabilities. All students with disabilities have the right to a free and appropriate education (FAPE) in the least restrictive environment (LRE).
The MECHS employs certified, experienced Special Education teachers who share the mission of our school.
If a disability is suspected, please contact the local MECHS Site Administrator or the System Special Education Director.
Sandy Walden, Special Education Director