Mountain Education Charter High School provides high quality professional learning opportunities designed to advance the system's vision, mission and goals. MECHS offers extensive research-based, data driven, and student focused professional learning opportunities for teachers and leaders in content, pedagogy, and processes.
For more information about Professional Learning opportunities at MECHS please contact:
Why is Professional Learning Important?
Did you know that most successful people say that part of the reason for their success is because they practiced goal setting in their personal and professional life? Effective July 2017, Professional learning became tied to one's certificate renewal in the state of Georgia. Every employee is required to have a Professional Learning Plan or a Professional Learning Goal, and each employee must make acceptable progress toward these goals/plan through active participation in professional learning in order to be eligible for certificate renewal. In addition, participation in Professional Learning will be noted in each employee’s final evaluation at the end of the year.
For more information on Professional Learning Goals, see the links below.
- FY 20 Contributing Professionals Goal Statements Template
- FY 20 Leader Goal Statements Template
- FY 20 Professional Growth Rubric
For more information on Professional Learning Plans, see the links below.
- PLP Flowchart
- Induction Certification Flowchart
- FY 20 Professional Learning Plan Template - Ruby Payne courses
- FY 20 Professional Learning Plan Template - Wounded Student Certification
- FY 20 Professional Learning Plan Template - The Wild Card Book Study